- A talk by Jordan Ackerman (UC Merced), Noah Hermalin (UC Berkeley), Sharon Inkelas (UC Berkeley), Darya Kavitskaya (UC Berkeley), Stephanie Shih (UC Merced) “Pokemonikers: A Study of Sound Symbolism and Pokémon Names” at Salt Lake City to Host Cutting-Edge Linguistic Research in January
- Kawahara, Shigeto, Atsushi Noto, and Gakuji Kumagai (2018) Sound symbolic patterns in Pokémon names. Phonetica. [Download a published copy]
- Kawahara, Shigeto and Gakuji Kumagai (to appear) Expressing Evolution in Pokémon Names: Experimental Explorations. Journal of Japanese Linguistics.
- Kawahara, Shigeto and Michinori Suzuki (under review) Sound symbolic patterns in Pokémon move names.
- 熊谷学而・川原繁人 (under review) ポケモン名付けにおける母音と有声阻害音効果:実験と理論からアプローチ.
- If you read Japanese and want to get an accessible introduction to Pokémonastics, please read Chapter 6 of this book.